Consultant Thursdays: Pretending You Care
Working for clients is sometimes tough, because they bring up issues that in all frankness, sometimes you don’t care about, and it’s hard to even pretend you care. I’m linking to this article by Seth Godin because he has a couple of stories about “caring”. Sometimes just giving some kind of a statement like “I feel your pain, sorry I have to do this” is better than no response at all, which is what we all get in most customer service scenarios today.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Consultant Thursdays: How To Avoid Bad Clients
- Consultant Thursdays: It’s Sometimes A Lot Of Small Things Instead Of A Big Thing
- Consultant Thursdays: Care Must Be Taken When Picking Where You Work
- Why Do People Hate Phone Companies Like Rogers?
- Thank You, United: More About User Experience Extending Past The Website