Consultant Thursdays: What Are The Cardinal Sins Of A Consultant?
A few from Alexis Antonelli:
- Not doing your homework: proactively learning about the client, their business, etc without expecting them to give you all of this info.
- Not building trust, don’t assume you already have it.
- Forgetting something the client has told you.
- If you are on a consulting team, not being on the same page with your team members, or playing good cop/bad cop.
- Not being prepared for meetings, even to the smallest detail.
- Wasting a client’s time when you could have gotten some answers on your own, through combining meetings or doing additional research.
- Not educating the client as you go along.
- Acting like a robot, not acting like a person they might actually like.
- Not keeping good communication, status information, etc.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.