Cool Website Tuesdays: Yelp!
Okay, it’s been around for a while, but it’s one of my favorite sites, and is a good example what happens when the content is interesting, and the community really knows how to promote, online and offline.
Yelp! is a social network-y review site (okay, it’s about adding friends and comments, but that’s how most social networking sites define it, whatever) that contains thousands of reviews, mostly of local businesses. Need a lousy hotel in Anchorage? It’s there! A great restaurant in Tempe to get drunk at? It’s there!
They have all kinds of nifty widgets to add to your blog.
One lament — how about opening up a Canadian site, yo. I have a bunch of restaurants to review up there.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- MySpace Mondays: Trip Advisor
- Consultant Thursdays: Travelling For Work Isn’t A Vacation
- Google Is (Unfairly) Tilting The Playing Field In Their Favor Against Local Review Sites
- Complex Vs. Simple Interfaces: Why I Dislike UWink
- Changing Culture: When User Adoption Is Hindered By The Way People Do Things