From Signal Vs. Noise:
There's more than one way to skin the revenue cat:
- If you sell web software, you can also write a book. Or put on a conference.
- If you're a design firm, you can also sell jewel case packaging. Or start an ad network.
- If you're a site that collects funny videos, you can also sell tee shirts.
- If you're a popular local blog, you can operate a flea market.
- If you're a computer company, you can reinvent the music business.
Your self-imposed limitations on how to make money are often just that: self-imposed. Seek out other routes to your destination.
Great post. Sometimes we miss the obvious (and not-so-obvious).