Masters Of The Obvious: McKinsey & Company Says IT Investments Can Save Companies Money
Punk Rock HR received this as an email. I’m in the wrong business, I need to write white papers.
Managing IT in a downturn: Beyond cost cutting:
- As the economic slowdown intensifies, companies are looking for ways to cut costs, and IT budgets are a prime target.
- Rather than implement across-the-board cuts, managers should take a more integrated view of how IT is used throughout the business.
- Targeted IT investments can make operations more efficient and increase revenues, delivering returns larger than simple cost-cutting measures typically do.
This article contains the following exhibits:
- Exhibit 1: Investments in technology-enabled business processes can deliver up to ten times the impact of traditional IT cost reduction efforts.
- Exhibit 2: Across industries, technology investments can have a substantial impact in select areas.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.