CMS Fridays: Wicked Problems And SharePoint
CleverWorkarounds has an insightful post are an South Australian goverment project that’s being scrapped after spending $5 million on IT development. What’s notiable about this is that this reflects how many SharePoint engagements go: projects failing because the approach taken was too complex for proper implementation, and many of the difficulties would have discovered early on with a proof of concept.
Projects fail for a number of reasons, but the main point here was the lack of high level systems thinking. Sometimes, it’s best to figure out ways to simplify the complexity, and that isn’t always an easyr thing to do.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- The Dirtiest Word In UX: Complexity
- CMS Fridays: The Ugly Truth About CMS Migrations
- Startup Weekend LA: Focusing On The Important Features Is The Key In Successful Product Development
- The Truth About Social Media: Followers Are Not Your Friends
- CMS Fridays: When “Too Much Content” Is Really Too Much, And How To Plan For It