Career Mondays: UNIX Systems Administrator In Los Angeles, California
I’ve been receiving inquiries about posting jobs here. Because of this, I’ll be posting new opportunities every Monday. Some of them aren’t pure User Experience, but they do have some kind of User Experience or Open Source slant to them. If you see anything here, or are looking for a job, send your resume to email@example.com. Recruiters, also send along a note, I’d like to offer the blog as another channel.
An international entertainment company is looking for a contract UNIX or Linux Systems Administrator with four to six years experience to join their systems administration team. The company produces entertainment properties for the web and mobile networks, and is looking to fill this position in the mobile division.
The position is contract.
- Proficient in shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Products (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience in versioning systems like CVS, Perforce or Subversion
- Experience in VMWare (ESX) installation and configuration
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP and other network protocols along with working experience on firewalls, routers and load-balancers
- Collaborative work style, team oriented and good communications skills
- Good communication skills
- Well versed at working with information management teams and processes in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Contact: Depending on experience
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.