Career Mondays: Senior Java Mobile Engineer In Los Angeles, California
I promise, the UX jobs will come soon.
If you have any friends that fit this, send it along to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there’s a hit, and the person gets hired, I’ll make it worth your while.
An international software development company is looking for a on-site full time Java Senior Engineer with three or more years experience in the design and development of J2EE-based mobile applications to join their application development team, and will be working on applications that comprise of web content management, provisioning, billing, and data analysis applications and defining development processes. The company produces very dynamic and highly interactive applications for the web, and is looking to fill this position immediately. The position is full time, and some travel is required.
- Design and lead the implementation of mobile and web storefront, content management, hosting, and provisioning applications
- Define software development processes and frameworks, technical documentations such as UML, use cases, and test plans
- Act as a liaison to other engineering teams working on joint projects
- Provide technical assistance and resolve development issues with external partners
- 7+ years of professional experience with J2EE software/application programming with an additional background in C/C++
- Experience with Java/J2EE specifications, application server, database schema design, Oracle and JDBC, Hibernate, Struts/Spring, source control and build software such as CVS, Subversion, and ANT
- Practical development and production experience with the wireless industry and development environment especially pertaining to the following technologies: J2ME, BREW, Symbian, Smartphone
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Some development experience within the mobile gaming or content space is preferred
- Good communication skills
- Well versed at working with software development teams and processes in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Thorough knowledge of software design concepts, such as object-oriented programming, common design patterns/algorithms, and development lifecycle processes
- Full Time: Depending on experience
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Career Mondays: Senior Level Front End Developer In Los Angeles, California
- Career Mondays: Flex Developer In Los Angeles, California
- Career Mondays: UNIX Systems Administrator In Los Angeles, California
- Career Mondays: Lead Experience Architect In Denver, Colorado
- Career Mondays: SharePoint Information Architect