From Zeldman: 20 Signs You Don’t Want That Web Design Project
Here’s the first five:
- Client asks who designed your website.
- Client shows you around the factory, introducing you to all his employees. Then, behind closed doors, tells you: "If you do a bad job with this website, I'm going to have to let these people go."
- Client takes six months to respond to your proposal, but doesn't change his due date.
- At beginning of get-acquainted meeting, client informs you that someone has just bought his company.
- Client, who manufactures Russian nesting dolls, demands to know how many Russian nesting doll sites you have designed
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Cooper: Your Website Usability Reflects Your Company Culture
- Consultant Thursdays: Ten Ways To Make Sure You And Your Clients See Eye To Eye
- So You Want To Be a UX Consultant? Read This.
- QuickTip Sundays: BobTheChiropractor.com
- Cloud Computing: What Does It Mean For User Experience? A Lot. And It’s All Good.