Here’s a small and nerdy measure of the huge change in the executive branch of the US government today. Here’s the robots.txt file from whitehouse.gov yesterday:
Plus 2400 lines.
The new robots.txt? 2 lines:
The robots.txt blocks certain directories from being indexed by search engines like Google — which means it also blocks archival for things like legal proceedings.
- Consultant Thursdays: Selling User Experience During The Recession
- QuickTip Sundays: Sharepoint Blogs
- Ian Storm Taylor: Never Use Black
- QuickTip Sundays: Baseball Prospectus
- QuickTip Sundays: SixRevisions And The Lack Of Search