Transparency: The President’s New “Robots.txt” Shoes
Here’s a small and nerdy measure of the huge change in the executive branch of the US government today. Here’s the robots.txt file from whitehouse.gov yesterday:
Plus 2400 lines.
The new robots.txt? 2 lines:
The robots.txt blocks certain directories from being indexed by search engines like Google — which means it also blocks archival for things like legal proceedings.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Business Insider: Bing Beats Google In 20-Search Shootout
- QuickTip Sundays: Sharepoint Blogs
- Google Is (Unfairly) Tilting The Playing Field In Their Favor Against Local Review Sites
- QuickTip Sundays: CNN, Google And Business Needs Getting In The Way Of User Needs
- Google Instant Search: Now That’s User Experience