Career Mondays: User Experience Designer — Marina Del Rey, CA
I worked over here years ago, and the Marketing Department is top notch. If you want a place to learn with great people, send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you aren’t interested in this job, but are looking, send me a note.
Stamps.com is seeking an experienced User Experience Designer to help design new products, features and upgrades for B2B and B2C web sites and client applications. Stamps.com has over 350,000 users of their flagship product and is expanding into web-based tools. You will be part of a small, creative team focused solely on product design to come up with our next generation of easy-to-use, powerful tools. You must have a passion for clean, intuitive UI, and be self-motivated and directed as we give a lot of lattitude to create. In addition, we engage in lively discussion on UI patterns, approaches, etc. so you must be willing to play well and be able to take direction where necessary.
- Analyze high level requirements to develop sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and functional prototypes using Axure.
- Present designs to team & management; iteratively refine designs based on feedback to arrive at final product prototype.
- Analyze best UI patterns used in industry and apply to our products
- Oversee adherence to internal web style guide and web standards, and refinement of it.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as Information Architect, User Experience Designer, UI Designer, Web Designer, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Have both good visual design/layout skills as well as good analytical skills to be able to conceive, understand, define and effectively address user goals & needs.
- A portfolio of User Interface showing designs, site maps, wireframes, or user interfaces.
- Knowledge of design software such as Axure, Visio, ProtoShare, Adobe Photoshop and/or Fireworks, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to drive projects to completion
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Career Mondays: Lead Experience Architect In Denver, Colorado
- I’m Looking For An User Experience Designer At Jobvite – Burlingame, CA
- Gluethink: UX Amateurism And Why I’m Not a UX Designer Anymore
- Consultant Thursdays: Should User Experience Designers Know Design Or Programming?
- Career Mondays: User Experience Intern — Costa Mesa, CA