CMS Fridays: Why Should You Use A Content Management System?
Whenever I hear about the, “we really should be on a Content Management System,” there’s always the discussion of “why?” A lot of clients have no concept editing their own website (that’s why they hire you, right, to build it for them? Why should they get their hands dirty?). However, for some organizations, managing your own website makes sense.
If you need some ammunition, NetSuccess has a great article about the benefits of CMSes.
A content management system can be very helpful and save time especially when you have a website with many web pages and content that needs to be updated constantly. When trying to decide whether to add a content management system, or CMS, to your website you should consider the benefits that a CMS can offer.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- CMS Fridays: More About Them, What The Sales Person Won’t Tell The Client, And Vice Versa
- Customers That Click: Seven Key Questions To Consider When Building A Best Class Website
- CMS Fridays: The Ugly Truth About CMS Migrations
- CMS Fridays: Showing Progress And Managing Content In A SharePoint Implementation
- CMS Fridays: Content Management Isn’t Cheap