Marketing Wednesdays: Social Media, It’s Time To Get Boring
The running joke is that you know something has jumped the shark once Corporate America has grabbed a hold of it.
Church of the Customer predicts that this is the year Social Media really starts becoming part of Corporate America. Boring isn’t necessarily bad, because it means it’s profitable.
My prediction for 2010: social gets integrated into business functions. That means: social media policies, aligning social media strategies and tactics with overall business objectives and revenue goals, and realigning functional teams. Yeah, not as exciting as another viral video but those are as reliable as a Vegas roulette table. Social media process is hard work, so it’s time for social media to get boring! For process geeks like me, that’s pretty exciting.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- An Update On Virgin America: This Is A Great Way To Fly
- QuickTip Sundays: Not Allowing Dashes In Credit Card Numbers
- Consultant Thursdays: Boring Pays
- QuickTip Sundays: CNN, Google And Business Needs Getting In The Way Of User Needs
- The Social Skinny: 100 Social Media, Mobile And Internet Statistics For March 2012