How To Increase Conversion: Red Buttons
This became an inside joke I at the Online Marketing Summit, one of my clients. I was doing the drinking thang (networking, talking with attendees), and I always have one gimmick that I go with at an event as an icebreaker.
The joke was, “so how do you increase conversion?”
I’m sure Red Buttons the comedian didn’t know he was going to be the punchline for a user experience jokes. “I’m here on Tuesdays, tip your waitress, next up They Might Be Giants…”
That’s not always the case, as stated in this great tool that’s been around for a year, Which Test Won.
Which Test Won is a great little site that does what we all want: publish the results of A/B tests for ideas of better site conversion.
In the red button/grey button test, Verizon tried two versions of a home page, one with red buttons everywhere, and one with a single red button. The main call to action was a gray button.
Can you guess which one won? Go to the site to see.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- QuickTip Sundays: Verizon.com, And Making Your Call To Actions Clear
- The LinkedIn Edition: What Kills Site Conversion?
- Cool Website Tuesdays: Attention Wizard
- The Social Skinny: 100 Social Media, Mobile And Internet Statistics For March 2012
- CMS Fridays: The Final Decision On NFB Vs. Target, And The Impact On Section 508