Career Mondays: Senior Visual Designer And Interaction Designer — San Francisco, CA
This is for a friend of mine at Yola. Send your resume and portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Visual Designer
- Producing innovative yet intuitive design solutions that address complex product, business, marketing and user needs.
- Rapidly developing user flows, wireframes, superior visual mock-ups, final design assets and documenting functional visual specs.
- Work with design, business development, and engineering to define and design products.
- Working closely with the Product Management, engineering and QA teams and support UI implementation efforts.
- Proactively works to understand customer needs and offers consultancy even when not asked.
- Acts as a source of expertise to others and contributes to discussion in own area.
- Accepts responsibility for and demonstrates support for delegated decisions.
- Communicates weekly or bi-weekly with remote team during off-business hours (can be early morning or later evening at times)
A strong candidate for this role will match many of these criteria:
- 6+ years of designing consumer focused web and/or client application UI.
- Must demonstrate outstanding design talent, creativity and sense for clean visual and interaction design.
- Have an understanding of user-centered design process.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Expert-level proficiency in Adobe CS4 Suite (specifically Fireworks and Photoshop)
- Experience with other applications desired: Omnigraffle, HTML/CSS
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies
Please respond with a resumÃ© and a link to an online portfolio or examples of work.
Must have skills:
- Demonstrated portfolio of interaction design deliverables, including wireframes, flows, site maps, specs, etc.
- Understanding of usability and user centered design principles
- Strong understanding of web concepts (HTML, CSS, XML, etc.)
- Experience working with engineering teams, particularly in an agile environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of, and desire to work in, a startup environment
- Mac platform experience
- Omnigraffle, Photoshop, Fireworks
It would be useful if you had:
- Visual design skills and portfolio (particularly web applications)
- Ability to code clean HTML and CSS
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- I’m Looking For a Mid To Senior Level Interaction Designer At Jobvite
- I’m Looking For An User Experience Designer At Jobvite – Burlingame, CA
- Career Mondays: Lead Experience Architect In Denver, Colorado
- Career Mondays: User Experience Intern — Costa Mesa, CA
- Career Mondays: Web Product Manager – Los Angeles, California