Study: How People Share
Old study, but still interesting, from Social Media Explorer:
- People still share via email and instant messenger more than via social networks. An astounding 59% of all shares on the widget were done via email, 25% via instant messenger and just 14% were passed along on networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- Twitter, which has recently emerged as the share site du jour for those in the social media world, accounts for only one percent of all shares. Facebook is 11%. Yahoo mail is the highest individual share channel at 26%.
- Yahoo (44%) and MSN (25%) mail are way ahead of Gmail (19%) as the email provider used by Tell-A-Friend users.
- Facebook accounts for 79% of all shares via social networks. MySpace is second at 15%. Twitter is just 5% of all social network shares via the widget.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Jenn Francine: 10 Things You Wanted To Know To Use Social Media, But Your Mom Never Told You
- The Social Skinny: 100 Social Media, Mobile And Internet Statistics For March 2012
- Windows Live Messenger Connect Is Now Available
- Cool Website Tuesdays: FriendFeed
- Messenger Connect: Making Your Data More Portable While Retaining Control Over Its Use