Business Insider: Bing Beats Google In 20-Search Shootout
Microsoft’s upstart search engine now delivers results that are just as good or slightly better than Google’s, according to a post on Search Engine Land by a marketing manager for legal directory Avvo.
Conrad Saam conducted 20 searches on both Bing and Google, avoiding easy navigational searches like trying to find the right URL for a particular company. Instead he split searches between tough informational questions, like “attorney Tom Brady,” which Google mistook for a query about the famous NFL quarterback, and transactional searches like “Cheapest flights Seattle to Launceston”. Then, he subjectively rated the accuracy and authority of the results.
Proof being the best doesn’t mean you get branded as being the best.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Google Is (Unfairly) Tilting The Playing Field In Their Favor Against Local Review Sites
- QuickTip Sundays: CNN, Google And Business Needs Getting In The Way Of User Needs
- Transparency: The President’s New “Robots.txt” Shoes
- QuickTip Sundays: Baseball Prospectus
- Google Chrome: The Good, The Bad, The Bookmarked