Wall Street Journal: Start-Ups Tag Facebook For Career Networking
That LinkedIn Honeymoon: it might be your professional network, but how long will that last?
Several start-ups are banking that the future of career networking is actually on Facebook Inc.
LinkedIn has established itself as a source for candidate information, recruiters say. The company made its debut on the NYSE on May 19.
These start-ups point to Facebook’s much broader user base: With 500 million users, Facebook is five times larger than LinkedIn.
But changing users’ mindsets might be a challenge. Some Facebook users are loathe to mix their personal and professional networks, fearing some private information might damage their work reputation.
Younger people are more apt to use Facebook than LinkedIn. And does everyone need a LinkedIn profile?
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- The Spam Of Facebook And The Usefulness Of Web Applications
- Facebook Finally Switching Over, But Are They Really Going To Lose Users? Uh, No.
- Search For Jobs Using The Jobvite Facebook Application
- How To Get a Great Job Using Facebook
- Consultant Thursdays: Ten Ways To Make Sure You And Your Clients See Eye To Eye