Conversion XL: Don’t Design Your Own Website. No, Really. It Will Suck.
Great article. So true.
When your car breaks down, you take it to a mechanic. You need a new roof, you call a roofer. Yet, for some reason a lot of people think they can design their own website.
Your website is your #1 marketing tool. Don’t ruin it by designing it yourself. And don’t hire the cheapest provider or your cousin. The site will suck. Can’t afford it? It’s a matter of priorities. You can always find a way to pay for things that are truly important to you.
We live in the era of design. Good design sells, bad design doesn’t. There’s lots of research out there saying that people trust beautiful websites more. Heck, people trust beautiful everything more. Beautiful people make more money, are more successful and and just have it better. We like pretty cars, houses and clothes. The same goes for websites.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Customers That Click: Seven Key Questions To Consider When Building A Best Class Website
- UXmatters: How Important Are UX Degrees And Certifications?
- CMS Fridays: When “Too Much Content” Is Really Too Much, And How To Plan For It
- Onward Search: Research Yourself Into a New UX Job
- Elezea: How To Stay Sane As A Product Manager