Consultant Thursdays: 25 Ways To Market Your Business
Business owners always ask: How can I market my business? Well, depending on the nature of your business and your budget, the possibilities are endless. Here, in no particular order, are 25 options:
- Networking – many areas have a variety of options
- Your Website – your "silent salesperson"
- Press Releases – try to garner free publicity with a newsworthy message
- Email Newsletters – a great way to stay "top of mind" with customers & prospects
- Events – attend or sponsor events targeted to your prospects
- Public Speaking – become known as an expert
- Free Trial – give away free samples or no-obligation consultations
- Signage On Your Car – turn your vehicle into a mobile billboard
- Banner Ads – on other company's websites
- Pay Per Click Online Advertising – with Google Adwords, Yahoo, or others
- Online Classified Ads – try Craig's List or industry-specific sites
- Telemarketing – good old-fashioned "cold calling"
- Blogs – write your own or try to get mentioned on those written by others
- Ads On Prospect's Doors – blanket the neighborhood with door hangers or fliers
- Referral Programs – reward your customers for bringing in more customers
- VIP Customer Programs – identify your best customers & encourage them to buy more
- Post Videos on YouTube – especially to reach a younger audience
- Direct Mail – can be anything from simple postcards to elaborate packages
- In Store Advertising – including signage, fliers, and your front window display
- Promotional Items – give-aways emblazoned with your company logo, website, etc.
- Co-Op Advertising – join forces with non-competing businesses
- Print Ads – in magazines, newspapers, and trade journals
- Radio or TV Ads – with cable TV stations you can narrow in on a specific area
- Free Standing Inserts – in newspapers and mail
- Trade Shows – depending on your business this can be key
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Marketing Wednesdays: Five Easy Tips To Help Your Marketing Email Cut Through The Clutter
- The Four Most Important Elements Of Your Brand’s Image
- Marketing Wednesdays: Who’s Your Target?
- Marketing Wednesdays: Stay Top Of Mind With Customers And Prospects
- Social Media Explorer: Social Media Customers Are More Valuable Customers