Consultant Thursdays: 25 Ways to Market Your Business
Business owners always ask: How can I market my business? Well, depending on the nature of your business and your budget, the possibilities are endless. Here, in no particular order, are 25 options:
- Networking – many areas have a variety of options
- Your Website – your "silent salesperson"
- Press Releases – try to garner free publicity with a newsworthy message
- Email Newsletters – a great way to stay "top of mind" with customers & prospects
- Events – attend or sponsor events targeted to your prospects
- Public Speaking – become known as an expert
- Free Trial – give away free samples or no-obligation consultations
- Signage On Your Car – turn your vehicle into a mobile billboard
- Banner Ads – on other company's websites
- Pay Per Click Online Advertising – with Google Adwords, Yahoo, or others
- Online Classified Ads – try Craig's List or industry-specific sites
- Telemarketing – good old-fashioned "cold calling"
- Blogs – write your own or try to get mentioned on those written by others
- Ads On Prospect's Doors – blanket the neighborhood with door hangers or fliers
- Referral Programs – reward your customers for bringing in more customers
- VIP Customer Programs – identify your best customers & encourage them to buy more
- Post Videos on YouTube – especially to reach a younger audience
- Direct Mail – can be anything from simple postcards to elaborate packages
- In Store Advertising – including signage, fliers, and your front window display
- Promotional Items – give-aways emblazoned with your company logo, website, etc.
- Co-Op Advertising – join forces with non-competing businesses
- Print Ads – in magazines, newspapers, and trade journals
- Radio or TV Ads – with cable TV stations you can narrow in on a specific area
- Free Standing Inserts – in newspapers and mail
- Trade Shows – depending on your business this can be key
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.