Career Mondays: Producer, ECommerce Execution – Glendale, California
I was on a contract here, so I could get your resume directly into the person in charge. If interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disney Shopping, Inc. (DSI) is the online destination for innovative Disney products featuring beloved Disney characters from the latest box office hits to vintage classics. DisneyStore.com (the new destination for all DSI sites) has the largest selection of merchandise for kids and adults, including media, toys, apparel, home, collectibles, electronics and exclusive products that can be personalized. With thousands of items to choose from, DisneyStore.com offers the best of Disney for the young and young-at-heart.
The Producer is a versatile executor of the day-to-day operational tasks necessary to run DisneyStore.com. This role will own the execution of product launches, pricing and shipping updates, promotion set-up, SQL scripts, CYO xml, A/B and segmentation testing, and HTML markup and e-Spot creation and maintenance. The ideal candidate should be able to work under pressure well and manage multiple projects at once.
Subject Matter Expert: CMC (WCS Commerce Tooling), TOAD, CYO, eSpots, DOTT process
- Follow best practice guidelines and protocols for day to day operations and future changes in the e-Commerce systems
- Responsible for product's online life cycle starting from merchandising turnover through product upload into Commerce system, including establishing and updating pricing and product content, gifting options, associating product multi-view imagery, setting appropriate availability codes and product gating, flagging products for specific site functions. Understand how these levers affect the site. Assist Visual Merchandising in continually tuning these levers for maximum gross margin sales and conversion
- Responsible for Create-Your-Own XML creation along with associated database work necessary to launch the product. Also make updates to XML throughout the life cycle of product (price change, personalization charge changes). Test enhancements to flash configurator
- Responsible for set up of "quick picks" and testing of new concepts to achieve the business goals surrounding this
- Create and maintain "how to" guides and processes
- Responsible for electronic transfer of product from DisneyStore.com to DisneyOutlet.com
- Responsible for HTML coding for eSpots and associated database configuration using e-Commerce tooling
- Set up A/B testing/Experiments/Segmentation and link associated content to each condition
- Set up merchandising-related promotions via Commerce content management tooling and responsible for accuracy
- Ensure products are correctly placed in appropriate promotional groups
- Ensure online execution accuracy (products, pricing, deals, promotions, etc.)
- Thoroughly QA work prior to launch and on an ongoing basis post-launch
- Enter in defects into Clear Quest
- Provide insight into specific expertise for the operational areas handled
- Think ahead and identify potential issues
- Prepare reports on an as-needed basis
- Field Guest Services requests, including updates to GS pop up, shipping info, holiday cut offs
- Implement shipping rate changes
- Liaison with Web Development team on day to day work
- Acquire knowledge of web analytics, web usability and information architecture
- Review content error reports daily and make appropriate fixes
- Run buyable/published reports and distribute to Planning teams. Make appropriate site updates as needed.
- Write and document SQL scripts using Oracle tooling
- Assist Production counterparts (ABCNewsstore.com, DisneyStore.co.uk) in a role as a subject matter expert and collaborate with them to find efficiencies in process
- Suggest automated solutions for current manual processes
- Develop effective working relationships with other departments and groups with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced
- Provide second tier after-hours on call support of DisneyStore.com
- 3+ years previous e-Commerce-related production experience
- BA/BS or equivalent is required
- Thorough understanding of HTML and doctype specific syntax is a must
- Thorough knowledge of all content management tools (both internal and external tooling) in relation to the e-Commerce systems used for DisneyStore.com
- Ability to troubleshoot syntax errors in HTML markup
- Working knowledge of basic SQL, Access databases.Oracle familiarity preferred.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.