Career Mondays: UI Designer — San Diego, California
Certona Corporation is the creator of ResonanceR, a real-time personalization and revenue optimization platform for multi-channel retailers. Resonance automates a company’s ability to provide relevant, individualized experience and product recommendations in real-time, increasing average order value and revenue per visit. With seven patents pending, the “self-optimizing” system is powered by sophisticated neural networks and a portfolio of algorithms to deliver real-time product, content, and promotional offers through multiple channels – web, email, call center, point-of-sale, and mobile. Clients are typically up and running in less than a month, and include some of the most recognized online and multi-channel retail brands across all popular verticals. For more information, visit www.certona.com.
Certona Corporation is looking for an experienced UI Designer to create the next generation of analytics and merchandising tools for Certona’s ResonanceR personalization platform. The successful candidate will have experience with the full software development lifecycle, starting with gathering requirements from internal and external customers, graphical design, GUI development, and testing. Understanding of software usability, SaaS applications, e-commerce, enterprise dashboards, business intelligence, predictive analytics, and e-mail automation is a plus.
- Work with Product Management to ensure understanding of business requirement and use cases
- Establish design patterns working with common interface components
- to promote consistency and reuse across applications
- May need to assist in the development of UML diagrams and wireframes
- May need to provide UI prototypes for usability evaluations
- Develop presentation layer for web-based applications in XHTML/CSS/JS/.Net
- Ensure that presentation layer code is semantically correct, liquid, well-formed, and valid
- Ensure that the presentation layer architecture supports localization and internationalization Create UI specification for Development and QA
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science or related field
- Five years UI design and UCD experience with web-based applications
- Familiar with semantic, liquid layout design is a must
- Familiar with localization and internationalization standards for web-based applications
- Familiar with chart and other data presentation controls for the web
- Proven communication skills and ability to excel in a team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and attentive to detail
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.