Career Mondays: Director Of Interaction Design — Irvine, CA
Information abut this position, from the recruiter:
- As their Director of Interaction Design you will be integral in reshaping their strategy to focus on the future of consumer needs in the automotive marketplace and aligning their brand and products to capitalize on the strength of their current position.
- Product Focused: They are now implementing a product driven culture with strong leads in key decision-making roles.
- Customer Focused: User centered design methodologies are a key part of their product development process and investing in a comprehensive look at user needs is a central focus.
- Technology focused: They are a scrum/agile shop that utilizes the latest in Microsoft technologies.
- Investing in the Future: They are making substantial financial investments in the development of brand strategy, product strategy and product development. This role will be key to that process!
This role with have dynamic ability to influence change:
- This right candidate will play a heavy role in the future strategy of my client as well as be a key part of bringing these changes to fruition.
- Opportunities to be able to make this level of contribution at a company with this level of brand recognition are rare – this is a great challenge with tremendous resume building potential.
If you have 8-10 years of UX experience, the experience and ability to lead/manage a team of highly skilled IA’s and sell UX concepts through the organization, we should talk.
If you have previously applied for this position and would like to be considered again, reach out. If we spoke but the salary was too low, reach out, that too had changed! If you heard the buzz and side stepped the position based in old information, it’s a new year, a new role and a new process!
You might recognize this position — they are making some changes to it, and it includes better pay and a better interview process.
Send your resume to me at email@example.com. I’ll send it along.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Career Mondays: Director Of User Experience — Irvine, CA
- Consultant Thursdays: Reversing Your Thinking About Product Roadmap
- Career Mondays: Senior Visual Designer And Interaction Designer — San Francisco, CA
- Career Mondays: Information Architect — Los Angeles, CA
- Career Mondays: Associate Producers — Burbank, CA