Career Mondays: Senior Visual Designer And Interaction Designer — San Francisco, CA
This is for a friend of mine at Yola. Send your resume and portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Visual Designer
- Producing innovative yet intuitive design solutions that address complex product, business, marketing and user needs.
- Rapidly developing user flows, wireframes, superior visual mock-ups, final design assets and documenting functional visual specs.
- Work with design, business development, and engineering to define and design products.
- Working closely with the Product Management, engineering and QA teams and support UI implementation efforts.
- Proactively works to understand customer needs and offers consultancy even when not asked.
- Acts as a source of expertise to others and contributes to discussion in own area.
- Accepts responsibility for and demonstrates support for delegated decisions.
- Communicates weekly or bi-weekly with remote team during off-business hours (can be early morning or later evening at times)
A strong candidate for this role will match many of these criteria:
- 6+ years of designing consumer focused web and/or client application UI.
- Must demonstrate outstanding design talent, creativity and sense for clean visual and interaction design.
- Have an understanding of user-centered design process.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Expert-level proficiency in Adobe CS4 Suite (specifically Fireworks and Photoshop)
- Experience with other applications desired: Omnigraffle, HTML/CSS
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies
Please respond with a resumÃ© and a link to an online portfolio or examples of work.
Must have skills:
- Demonstrated portfolio of interaction design deliverables, including wireframes, flows, site maps, specs, etc.
- Understanding of usability and user centered design principles
- Strong understanding of web concepts (HTML, CSS, XML, etc.)
- Experience working with engineering teams, particularly in an agile environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of, and desire to work in, a startup environment
- Mac platform experience
- Omnigraffle, Photoshop, Fireworks
It would be useful if you had:
- Visual design skills and portfolio (particularly web applications)
- Ability to code clean HTML and CSS