Consultant Thursdays: Working From Home
I work from home a lot, because the company I work for is a fairly virtual organization and almost has to be because we have clients all over Southern California. It’s definately not for everyone. I’m live alone, so I have to force myself to go out and see the real world sometimes, but a lot of people have family and i.e. potential distractions.
One of the things to remember is just because you work from home, that’s not a license to have the flexibility to leave at any minute of the day. You still have to sit down and concentrate on work.
A List Apart has a list of great tips submitted by readers about working from home.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Marketing Wednesdays: What Are You Really Selling?
- The Cynical Girl: Best Career Advice Of 2012
- Five Ways To Attract Great User Experience Designers To Design Enterprise Applications
- Ryan Carson: Social Media Isn’t a Substitute For Real Community
- CMS Fridays: Designing Section 508 Accessible Websites