It’s my blog, so here it is — I’m looking for a Sr. or Principal UX Designer in Bellevue, Washington. For the right candidate, we’ll relocate. You’ll read more about the role below. If interested, send me an email with your resume and a link to your portfolio at email@example.com. Cheers.
Apptio’s Technology Business Management (TBM) platform provides revolutionary software as a service (SaaS) applications that help IT leaders run technology organizations like a business. From the founding of the company, we set out to disrupt the existing enterprise software market by designing on-demand applications capable of managing the cost, quality and value of IT services. Fortune 500 organizations such as Bank of America, Boeing, Cisco, Facebook, JPMorgan Chase, and Microsoft rely on Apptio to align information technology investments with business priorities.
Backed by some of the most prominent financial institutions including Janus, T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Madrona Ventures, Shasta Ventures, Apptio is building the next enterprise software category.
Apptio is looking to add a Senior UX Designer who will own a new product for our application suite. You will join an award-winning design team passionate about raising the level of enterprise user experience. The team is small enough that every team member has a huge impact on the Apptio product line, but large enough to have expertise in data visualization and application design. As the product lead, you will work within a pair design approach with visual designers, content writers and prototypers to create elegant, usable experiences.
The product design team believes in work-life balance, continued learning through conferences and events, and creating an industry-leading design culture . Join us to make your mark.
- Own the product design process for an enterprise cloud-based application
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional groups that may or may not be familiar with the user experience process
- Multi-task, prioritize and communicate progress effectively to multiple stakeholders
- Present exploratory ideas and designs to multiple stakeholders to drive iterative solutions
- Be a positive, engaging force for User Experience practices within the organization
- From 6 to 10 years of experience designing complex web applications involving multiple actors or personas over extended processes
- Expert in Information Architecture and Interaction Design
- Expert user of design and prototyping tools (e.g. Azure, Omnigraffle, Basalmiq or Visio).
- Familiar with Responsive Design strategies
- Familiar with Agile and iterative software development practices, including writing epics and user stories collaboratively with other stakeholders
- Owned a product design process through a complete software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Competent in Content Strategy
- Familiar with Data Visualization best practices
- Able to bring a consumer mindset to Enterprise Design
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Informatics, Design, Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
Please include a link to your portfolio with work samples when applying. Indicate your role and contribution for each. Be prepared to present your portfolio during your interview.
This position is located on-site at our HQ in Bellevue, WA
If interested, send me an email with your resume and a link to your portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org.