Designing Better Libraries has a great article about the value of User Experience in tough economic times.
- First, while it may be necessary to scale back on an ambitious UX plan during a recession, there's no reason not to expand efforts to enhance the personalization of services; this may be the best time to connect with customers.
- Bad customer experiences actually end up costing the organization more because they waste time and require extra work to make up for foul-ups and problems.
- User experiences and the design of them is a low-tech proposition.
Heads up to Putting People First for finding the article.
- Disambiguity: Customer Experience vs. User Experience
- Smashing Magazine: Customers Who Don’t Feel Valued Leave
- Thank You, United: More About User Experience Extending Past The Website
- Don’t Make The User Feel Stupid: A Lesson In User Experience
- Cooper: How To Create Effective Design Teams