Consultant Thursdays: How To Avoid Bad Clients
This article is brutal, but I think all consultants have dealt with some of these scenarios.
I like the tips even better.
Here are some ways you too can avoid bad clients:
- Thoroughly research your prospective clients before working with them
- Discuss and outline all project details before accepting a client
- Be honest with yourself, and don't take on new clients out of desperation
- Follow your instincts, and don't take on clients that give you a bad feeling
- Watch out for catch-phrases, under or over communication, and other potential clues of a bad client
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Consultant Thursdays: Working With Clients That Don’t Understand The Finish Line
- Consultant Thursdays: What Are The Cardinal Sins Of A Consultant?
- Consultant Thursdays: Ten Ways To Make Sure You And Your Clients See Eye To Eye
- How To Be a UX Consultant
- Consultant Thursdays: Using Freelance Information Architects Vs. User Experience Agencies