Career Mondays: Product Analyst – San Diego, California
Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
The Product Analyst is involved primarily in the pre-development phase of the product development lifecycle. Product vision, work initiation, prioritization, product scope, requirements management, product sponsor management, business value and approvals are among the areas of action for this position. During the development phase, they are primarily concerned with making sure the product under development matches the vision requirements by working with all areas of software development including artists, designers, engineers, managers and quality assurance teams. This position requires business knowledge, organization, independence and good communication.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receives requests for new development and enhancements from initiating stakeholders and insures that work requests are complete, accurate, and reflect the intent of the initiator
- Participates in evaluation of the request queue, including elaboration on requests, supporting evaluation of business value, and balancing of capacity with demand
- Participates in the request approval process, which includes screening and approval of requests based on identified business, financial, and technical criteria, as well as prioritizing approved requests based on importance to the business, external deadlines, and resource availability
- Defines and controls the scope of an application release, including integration of all approved and applicable work requests into a single project
- Works with both business and technical stakeholders to create, gather, document, and manage the lifecycle of the business and functional requirements related to work requests, which may include creating use cases and creating documentation for requests; manages the organization and changes to requirements and changes to deliverables
- Leads, tracks and executes the requirements definition phase of the product development cycle, ensuring that all key stakeholders have participated in the process
- Continuously identify and implement process/tool improvements for requirements definition/elicitation process
- Responsible for the creation, implementation and maintenance of standardized requirements documentation
- Is knowledgeable of competing products and can evaluate product and business performance and feature sets against the competition
- Participates in the review of product and technical solutions to project requirements; makes sure designs meet requirements
- May be assigned issues and risks to be resolved during development or quality assurance
- Creates and maintains products guides which provides a central location for documentation related to products and services
This position requires a minimum of four years product management and requirements analysis experience in an information technology environment, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Visio. Additional software tools, if required, need to be learned quickly.
Additional requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and project team members to further the business objectives of our products and services
- Excellent written, verbal and social skills – You will be interacting with all types of people
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment on an independent basis and with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of video games, video game business models, the gaming market and competing services is helpful
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.