Career Mondays: Interactive Producer — Pasadena, CA
This is a full-time position based in Pasadena, CA. We are in need of a mid to senior-level interactive producer. This person should be able to lead projects from conception to completion, self-manage and work in a fast-paced environment. If you enjoy working in small teams, helping to build process and working for clients that make a difference in the world, this job is for you.
The Online Producer will work on projects including large-scale websites, small sites, banner + email programs and large-scale, integrated direct marketing campaigns.
- Helps scope and manage all client (proposals, statements of work, deliverables, timelines, status, budgets, etc)
- Act as primary internal contact to client services teams
- Coordinate integration and hand-off between creative team, offline project managers and client services
- Schedule and manage project development, overseeing full development cycle and site launch, overseeing information architecture, creative personnel, tech and QA stages; and managing status and resourcing reports
- Managing schedules and route approvals and requests to internal agency groups as well as assist in implementing calendars and light QA/Online testing.
- In this role you will be working closely with Supervisor, Account Directors, Creative Teams, Project Managers, Developers, Vendors, and IT Staff.
- The ideal candidate must have strong commons sense and prior experience (2 to 5 years) working with the Internet, new media production, or related experience.
- Must have the ability to delegate tasks and lead a team, along with providing quick solutions to both team and client.
- An in depth understanding of project financials – estimated budgets, costs, actual hours, etc. – and the ability to track and reconcile.
- Thorough understanding of managing web capabilities/technologies and production processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with effective meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to work within deadlines, ensuring timely, cost-effective delivery and client satisfaction.
- Self starter who works as well independently as they do as part of a team.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office, a solid knowledge of Microsoft Project Scheduling, Browsers, Visio and Operating Systems are a must.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Must understand how HTML, CSS, (.Net or PHP) works in order to effectively project manage.
- Knowledge of localization, experience with e-commerce sites and working with external developers and HTML is a plus!
Salary is in the 65 to 80K range DOE and freelance rate is commiserate with fulltime salary.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- Career Mondays: Senior Visual Designer And Interaction Designer — San Francisco, CA
- Career Mondays: Associate Producers — Burbank, CA
- Consultant Thursdays: Working With Clients That Don’t Understand The Finish Line
- Job Description Of The Century: Google’s Doodler
- Career Mondays: Senior .NET Developer In Los Angeles, California