Heathervescent: A Contrarian’s View Of Identity — Only Real Names
When I was at IIW earlier this week, I held a session called, “A Contrarian View of Identity: Envision a World with Only Real Names.”
The ground rules of this session were:
- There is no discussion. We are starting with the assumption that real names are the only reality.
- No dystopian or negative perspectives (relieved this for last 5 minutes of info gathering)
I then asked those in the room to close their eyes. Take a deep breath. Envision all of the identities that you use online and out in the world. See them moving to the middle and coming together, becoming one identity, and that name is your real legal name. If there is any negativity coming up with this, just put it aside for the moment. Sit with this vision of your identity as your real legal name. Take another deep breath. Pause. Now open your eyes.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.
Other Posts On Usability Counts
- What Do You Mean There’s A World Outside Of The Interwebs?
- Ryan Carson: Social Media Isn’t a Substitute For Real Community
- QuickTip Sundays: Southern California Edison
- The Washing Machine Vs. Waterfall Requirements Gathering
- When User Experience Intersects With Business Goals During A Checkout Process: Too Many Buttons Are A Bad Thing