The Social Skinny: 100 Social Media, Mobile And Internet Statistics For March 2012
Great information and a must read. This is the list for social media for business statistics.
- Only 26% of businesses frequently include calls to action in their tweets – 49% never include a call to action
- Only 23% have used Twitter to promote a social-only deal, such as a coupon or discount available only to Twitter users who click the link
- 29% of brands on Facebook have offered deals within the channel
- People were 25% more likely to buy a product they would be proud of if it had social buttons placed next to it, but 25% less likely to buy a product they would be embarrassed of if it encouraged them to like or tweet about it (by having social share buttons nearby)
- 70% of business ignore complaints on Twitter
- 83% of people who complained on Twitter liked or loved a response by the company
- 58% of businesses saw a drop in marketing costs by moving to social marketing
- 72% of marketers handle social media themselves, the rest outsource
- 78% of women are happy to share what brand they prefer, compared to 74% of men
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.