Yup, that’s me — I’ll be guestblogging much more. An excerpt:
Employers want flexible people. Specialists are great for specific tasks, but the resource and skill set needs of any business change with each software development life cycle.
You should change with them.
That might mean learning a new skill, or reacquainting yourself with skills you haven't used in a while. You have to sell yourself as a great resource that can grow, learn and expand your knowledge with the company – that alone will allow you to shape your new UX Job, and, by extension, your career.
- Onward Search: How To Shape Your UX Job
- UXmatters: Great User Experiences Require Great Front-End Development
- Also: Could Coding Be the Next Mass Profession?
- Consultant Thursdays: The Not So Glamorous Life
- CMS Fridays: Content Management Isn’t Cheap