Job Description of the Century: Google’s Doodler
You can’t make this stuff up. This is awesome. From Google’s website:
This position is based in Mountain View, CA.
The area: Product
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. With eyes focused squarely on the future, our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world’s information. We’re responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where Google does business.
The role: Doodler
As a Doodler, you will join the small creative team responsible for the Google homepage logos (google.com/doodles) that surprise and delight hundreds of millions of users worldwide. You will work at the intersection of art and technology individually and collaboratively with artists, engineers, and other Googlers to lead the creative vision for high impact illustrations, animations, games, and more.
- Draw, design, and/or animate the highly visible Google homepage doodles.
- Come up with consistently excellent creative ideas within the constraints of the our logo.
- Manage complex collaborative projects from idea, to executive pitches, to final execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Design illustrations both digitally and traditionally and in a wide range of artistic styles with great attention to detail.
- BFA. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
- Online portfolio/reel.
- Strong illustration/design skills and a wide range of styles.
- Demonstrable animation, project management, and/or user experience skills.
- Comfort with digital and traditional media.
- Ability to translate conceptual direction into static and interactive art.
- Ability to work collaboratively and apply creative feedback in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
$99 Tough Love Resume and Portfolio Review
Tough love. Great Advice. Receive an one hour portfolio review and career coaching session online, or in person if you're in Seattle.